Illinois Journal of Mathematics
The Illinois Journal of Mathematics was founded in 1957 by R. Baer, J.L. Doob, A. Taub, G. Whitehead, and O. Zariski. The inaugural volume featured papers of many of the world's leading figures in the key areas of mathematics at the time. Since its inception, the IJM has published many influential papers, most notably the proof of the Four Color Conjecture by K. Appel and W. Haken. Distinguished researchers such as J. Bourgain, A. Calderon, S.S. Chern, H. Kesten, and K. Uhlenbeck have served as Editors of the IJM.
Top downloads over the last seven days
- ISSN: 0019-2082 (print), 1945-6581 (electronic)
- Publisher: University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, Department of Mathematics
- Discipline(s): Mathematics
- Full text available in Euclid: 1957--2017
- Access: Articles older than 5 years are open
- Euclid URL: https://projecteuclid.org/ijm
IJM is pleased to announce that it will join the publishing program at Duke University Press beginning in 2019. For more information, please see the press release from Duke University Press.