Project Euclid provides institutional subscribers with usage statistics that conform to COUNTER specifications for the Euclid Prime collection as well as other titles hosted on the Project Euclid platform. COUNTER is an organization of producers and purchasers of electronic content who seek consistent methods of measuring online use. The code specifies common practices in the recording and exchange of online usage data.
Project Euclid provides COUNTER 4 reports for usage starting in July 2014. To access usage data for earlier periods, including the full 2014 calendar year, COUNTER 3 usage reports are available.
COUNTER reports are provided as downloadable files in CSV format (comma-delimited text files). These can be easily imported into spreadsheet software, such as Excel. To view usage statistics for titles hosted on the Project Euclid platform, please login to your Library Administration Account. Click the Usage Reports link (left-hand navigation bar), which will provide access to downloadable data files and detailed instructions on generating usage reports.
COUNTER reports are also available via the SUSHI protocol. The information you will need to make SUSHI requests to Project Euclid is also provided on the Usage Reports page. For more information about the SUSHI protocol, see the NISO SUSHI website.
If you have questions about your usage statistics, please contact Project Euclid.
COUNTER 4 Usage Statistics
Project Euclid provides subscribing institutions with the following COUNTER 4 usage reports for usage starting in July 2014:
- Journal Report 1 (Number of Successful Full-Text Article Requests by Month and Journal)
- Journal Report 2 (Access Denied to Full-Text Articles by Month, Journal and Category)
- Journal Report 5 (Number of Successful Full-Text Article Requests by Year-of-Publication and Journal)
- Book Report 2 (Number of Successful Section Requests by Month and Title)
- Platform Report 1 (Total Searches, Result Clicks and Record Views by Month and Platform)
To retrieve the full usage report by Month and Title for the entire Euclid Prime Collection, add reports JR1 and BR2 - Books in Euclid Prime.
Project Euclid provides separate versions of Journal Report 1, Journal Report 5 and Book Report 2 for those publications to which an institution is subscribed and for those publications which an institution accesses through other arrangements, such as Open Access.
COUNTER 4 reports are available in downloadable CSV format (comma-delimited text files) and via the SUSHI protocol (see above).
COUNTER 3 Usage Statistics
Before July 2014, Project Euclid provided institutional subscribers with usage statistics that conformed to COUNTER 3 specifications for the Euclid Prime collection as well as other titles hosted on the Project Euclid platform. These usage statistics followed the specifications of the COUNTER Code of Practice, Release 3.
Project Euclid provides subscribing institutions with the following COUNTER 3 usage reports for all:
- Journal Report 1: Number of successful full-text article requests by month and journal
- Journal Report 1a: Number of Successful Full-text Article Requests from an Archive by Month and Journal (when applicable)
- Database Report 3: Total searches and sessions by month and service.
COUNTER 3 reports are available in downloadable CSV format (comma-delimited text files) and via the SUSHI protocol (see above).