Local statistics for random domino tilings of the Aztec
Henry Cohn, Noam Elkies, and James Propp
- [AS] N. Alon and J. Spencer, The probabilistic method, Wiley-Interscience Series in Discrete Mathematics and Optimization, John Wiley & Sons Inc., New York, 1992.
- [vB] H. van Beijeren, Exactly solvable model for the roughening transition of a crystal surface, Phys. Rev. Lett. 38 (1977), 993–996.
- [BH] H. W. J. Blöte and H. J. Hilhorst, Roughening transitions and the zero-temperature triangular Ising antiferromagnet, J. Phys. A 15 (1982), no. 11, L631–L637.
- [dB] N. G. de Bruijn, Asymptotic methods in analysis, Dover Publications Inc., New York, 1981.
- [BP] R. Burton and R. Pemantle, Local characteristics, entropy and limit theorems for spanning trees and domino tilings via transfer-impedances, Ann. Probab. 21 (1993), no. 3, 1329–1371.
- [D] R. Durrett, Probability, The Wadsworth & Brooks/Cole Statistics/Probability Series, Wadsworth & Brooks/Cole Advanced Books & Software, Pacific Grove, CA, 1991.
- [EKLP]1 N. Elkies, G. Kuperberg, M. Larsen, and J. Propp, Alternating-sign matrices and domino tilings. I, J. Algebraic Combin. 1 (1992), no. 2, 111–132.
- [EKLP]2 N. Elkies, G. Kuperberg, M. Larsen, and J. Propp, Alternating-sign matrices and domino tilings. II, J. Algebraic Combin. 1 (1992), no. 3, 219–234.
- [E] V. Elser, Solution of the dimer problem on a hexagonal lattice with boundary, J. Phys. A 17 (1984), no. 7, 1509–1513.
- [G] H.-O. Georgii, Gibbs measures and phase transitions, de Gruyter Studies in Mathematics, vol. 9, Walter de Gruyter & Co., Berlin, 1988.
- [GIP] I. Gessel, A. Ionescu, and J. Propp, Counting constrained domino tilings of Aztec diamonds, preprint, 1996.
- [GK] S. W. Graham and G. Kolesnik, van der Corput's method of exponential sums, London Mathematical Society Lecture Note Series, vol. 126, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, 1991.
- [GG] D. Grensing and G. Grensing, Boundary effects in the dimer problem on a non-Bravais lattice, J. Math. Phys. 24 (1983), no. 3, 620–630.
- [JPS] W. Jockusch, J. Propp, and P. Shor, Random domino tilings and the arctic circle theorem, preprint, 1995.
- [Ka] P. W. Kasteleyn, The statistics of dimers on a lattice, I. The number of dimer arrangements on a quadratic lattice, Physica 27 (1961), 1209–1225.
- [Kr] U. Krengel, Ergodic theorems, de Gruyter Studies in Mathematics, vol. 6, Walter de Gruyter & Co., Berlin, 1985.
- [L] L. S. Levitov, Equivalence of the dimer resonating-valence-bond problem to the quantum roughening problem, Phys. Rev. Lett. 64 (1990), no. 1, 92–94.
- [MS] F. J. MacWilliams and N. J. A. Sloane, The theory of error-correcting codes. I, North-Holland Publishing Co., Amsterdam, 1977.
- [NHB] B. Nienhuis, H. J. Hilhorst, and H. W. J. Blöte, Triangular SOS models and cubic-crystal shapes, J. Phys. A 17 (1984), no. 18, 3559–3581.
- [PW] J. G. Propp and D. B. Wilson, Exact sampling with coupled Markov chains and applications to statistical mechanics, to appear in Random Structures Algorithms.
- [R] J. Rauch, Partial differential equations, Graduate Texts in Mathematics, vol. 128, Springer-Verlag, New York, 1991.
- [SZ] H. Sachs and H. Zernitz, Remark on the dimer problem, Discrete Appl. Math. 51 (1994), no. 1-2, 171–179.
- [STCR] N. Saldanha, C. Tomei, M. Casarin, Jr., and D. Romualdo, Spaces of domino tilings, Discrete Comput. Geom. 14 (1995), no. 2, 207–233.
- [T] W. P. Thurston, Conway's tiling groups, Amer. Math. Monthly 97 (1990), no. 8, 757–773.